It's Time We Stop Pretending Things Are AlrightLearn How
What will be your life's regret?
"I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me."
The most common regret of dying people: Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware's
We Are Living Our Lives In Boxes of Our Own Making
Common Personal Beliefs
- "My life has no meaning. There is no purpose to life."
- "This is as good as life gets. This is how it is, and my life cannot get better."
- "My emotions come from a reptilian part of my brain and I need to overcome them."
- "My stress, anxiety, and depression are mental illnesses."
- "Suffering as I do is a fundamental part of life, and I cannot change that."
- "If I think positively about life, then everything will be alright."
Common Societal Beliefs
- "People are lazy. You have to have a boss tell you what to do."
- "People will not work if they are not forced to have a job."
- "Nature is ours to control and dominate."
- "Human nature is about competition, winners, and losers."
- "People must turn to the private sector or government to fix society's biggest problems."
- "The right answers are only held by either the religious traditions OR science."
Time to Declare Our Interdependence
"The further human society drifts away from nature, the less we understand our interdependence."
- Peter M. Senge
We believe humanity needs a radical transformation of how we view nature, ourselves and how we can collaborate
Nature is not
ours to control
We recognize we are part of nature and wholly are wholly interdependent with its systems. Our bodies, our food, our air and water are nature.
We weren't born
to live in boxes
We are reclaiming my autonomy by breaking free of the boxes of our own making. We seek the freedom from our limited beliefs and the beliefs institutionalized by society.
Life does have
We are reconnecting with our innate power to live life with Radical Purpose. Purpose is not a target outside us, it is a path inside which we can learn to follow.
Humanity is not only
We leverage our collective intelligence to bring about new ways of being, working and governing by working with awareness and transparency.
comes from people
We were born to come together and make a purposeful impact on the world. Collectively there is nothing we cannot change. The power is ours, we need to make it count.
Radical Purpose Framework
The Being Need motivates and regulates the body's physiological and stimulation needs.
The Meaning Need motivates and regulates seeking the freedom needed to discover and learn.
The Impacting Need motivates and regulates obtaining, changing, creating, and taking care of meaningful things.
The Belonging Need motivates and regulates seeking, establishing, conforming, and maintaining social relationships with those you share similar meaning and impact.
The Becoming Need motivates and regulates the tracking of your and others' behavior towards one another and your accomplishments and personal growth.
Neither working for someone nor paying someone's wages ought to give you power over them.
Mary Parker Follett, Management Consultant
Life is not primarily a quest for pleasure, as Freud believed, or a quest for power, as Alfred Adler taught, but a quest for meaning.
Viktor Frankl, Psychologist
I believe in standardizing automobiles. I do not believe in standardizing human beings.
Albert Einstein, Physicist
If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.
Abraham Maslow, Psychologist
We do not merely perceive objects and hold thoughts in our minds: all our perceptions and thought processes are felt. All have a distinctive component that announces an unequivocal link between images and the existence of life in our organism.
Antonio Damasio, Neuroscientist
Get updates from Radical
New course information, event announcements
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.